Last updated September 01, 2020
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Buckler LLC, doing business as Buckler (“Buckler“, “we“, “us“, “our“). We are committed to protecting your Non-Public Information (NPI) and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your NPI, please contact us at email@example.com.
When you visit our website http://www.buckler.app (the “Website“), and more generally, use any of our services (the “Services“, which include the Website and the Buckler application), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your NPI. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Website and the Buckler application), as well as, any related services, sales, marketing or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
5. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
8. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
10. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
11. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
12. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
13. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
14. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The NPI we collect: Your firm name, firm address, first and last name of your users, their email and phone numbers, and information about your Cybersecurity Program.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process NPI for purposes based on legitimate business interests, for the fulfillment of our contract with you, for compliance with our legal obligations, and/or with your consent.
We use information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process NPI for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on for each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process.
- To request feedback. We may use NPI to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Website.
- To manage user accounts. We may use NPI for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use NPI to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services. We may use NPI as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To fulfill and manage your orders. We may use NPI to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use NPI to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use NPI to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use NPI you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect NPI from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
3. WILL YOUR NPI BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share NPI with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share NPI that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use NPI for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process NPI when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process NPI to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose NPI where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to comply with national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose NPI where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process or share NPI in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer NPI in connection with, or during the negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
4. IS YOUR NPI TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
In Short: We may not transfer, store, and process NPI in countries other than United States.
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Website from another country, please be aware that NPI may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share NPI in other countries (see “WILL NPI BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?” above).
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR NPI?
In Short: We keep NPI for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your NPI for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us to keep NPI beyond the period of time during which users have an account with us.
When we no longer have a legitimate business need to store or process NPI, we will either delete or anonymize such NPI, or, if this is not possible (for example, because NPI has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store NPI and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
6. HOW DO WE KEEP NPI SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect NPI through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any NPI we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure NPI, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, therefore we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify NPI. Although we will do our best to protect NPI, transmission of NPI to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Opting our of email marketing
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list — however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
9. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your NPI.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of NPI (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
10. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
11. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:
1491 Polaris Pkwy #21565
Columbus, Ohio, 43240
Columbus, Ohio, 43240
646 693 7264
12. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the information we collect from you, change it, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your NPI, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.